Serving on the North Country HealthCare Foundation board of directors is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about ensuring that everyone in northern Arizona has access to quality, affordable healthcare. The following are the standard roles and responsibilities of the board of directors.
- Board members are expected to play an active role in the fundraising process. We recognize not everyone is comfortable asking for money. We will help you serve at your level of comfort. Some ways to help include:
- Commit yourself to the organization’s mission.
- Identify, evaluate, and cultivate prospective donors.
- Make introductions.
- Organize and attend special events.
- Attend face-to-face solicitations.
- Write or sign appeal letters.
- Thank donors.
- Board members are expected to make a contribution that is personally significant.
- Board members are asked to help the Foundation team make connections with others who can help advance the mission.
- Board members are expected to have the financial acumen to read and understand financial statements and to otherwise help the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Board members are expected to attend six board meetings per year. They are expected to read board materials in advance of meetings and to come prepared to ask questions and participate in discussions.
- Board members are expected to serve on one or more committees of the board and to actively participate in committee work.
- Board members are expected to responsibly represent North Country HealthCare Foundation to their respective communities and to advocate for North Country HealthCare’s mission, programs, and services as appropriate.
- Board terms last for three years and board members can serve for up to two consecutive terms.
Questions and comments can be emailed to the Foundation
The mission of North Country HealthCare is to provide accessible, affordable, comprehensive, quality primary healthcare in an atmosphere of respect, dignity, and cultural sensitivity.
Board Application[ninja_forms id=26]